Friday, May 16, 2014

9 years + a Coffee Bar

This past week was nine years since my oldest sister passed away. She was 23. I was 17. Sometimes I long to know what our relationship would look like now, as our stages in life have changed.

Honestly, I had forgotten the importance of this week. Until Thursday morning when my husband hugged me extra long and told me he would be thinking about me all day. Then it clicked. By the time I got to work, I was so flooded with memories of Leigh Ann and the day that she passed away that I burst into tears when my first patient asked how I was doing today.

Very professional.


Then I got surprise tulips from Billie. Leigh Ann's favorites. 

After work, I felt like coffee and down time. So I checked out a new Café. I sat with my coffee and non-Paleo Blondie. And wished Leigh Ann was sitting across from me.

The café is part of Miss Lucille's, which I have blogged about before. It's a warehouse of everything you could want in the way of furniture and home decor!



How cool is this cafe?? Just my style. Plus they were playing Bon Iver and Mumford. Win.

***


The past few months, I have been on the lookout for a piece of furniture to use as a coffee bar in my kitchen.

And this day, I found it! With Billie's encouragement (thank goodness for modern technology and picture texts), I bought it.

Happy early birthday to me?





Coffee chats are the best. 

And you're invited...

I'll tell you about Leigh Ann. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment