Saturday, April 19, 2014

Weekend Adventures in Nashville/Franklin

Last weekend, we got away with our friends Ben and Louise and did some Nashville and Franklin exploring. I was pretty impressed with Billie... he planned the entire weekend. :) Talk about a girl's love language... a man with a plan!
All ideas came from this list of "30 things you need to know about Nashville..."


a "Mule"
If you're in Nashville on a Monday,
they have $3 Mule Mondays! 


Louise and Ben

Whole ingredients, milk from grass-fed cows, and amazing, unique flavors! 
I got an almond flour macaroon ice cream sandwich!
Dark chocolate hazelnut ice cream... tell me about it. 

Nighttime entertainment: "Music in the Vines" at
Little fun fact for you country music fans: Arrington is owned by Kix Brooks! Complementary wine tastings (if you can get your name on the list soon enough), free event, just bring your own food! 
I would go again for the scenery alone.
How pretty is this?!

Live jazz music

Our picnic from Whole Foods:
fruit, cheese, prosciutto,  hummus, pita chips, and dark chocolate


Next stop: Merridee's Breadbasket in downtown Franklin
One of my best friends, Catherine, worked here in high school. She and I have day dreamed about opening our own coffee shop/bakery one day. So I had to stop here!

Saturday morning breakfast: Pfunky Griddle
Make your own pancakes! (Or omelets) 
This litle gem was in the middle of a residential area. 
Every table has it's own griddle, and pancake batter is unlimited!
They recommend to arrive before 8:30 on weekends if you don't want to wait.




My banana pecan pancakes

After breakfast: 
Parthenon replica in Centennial park across from Vanderbilt!




Outdoor lunch at Mafiaoza's.
Awesome pizza. Located on 12th ave. 

And a coffee at Frothy Monkey before hitting the road!


Such a great weekend! 

The more time I spend in Nashville, the more I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment