Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Word for 2014...

Do you have "a word" for the year? A word that will inspire and direct you, remind you of who you want to be and how you want to change this year?

I decided I want to be in on the word thing, too. :)

Click here for a few simple questions to get you started...
The abbreviated version includes these questions:
1. Determine the kind of person you want to become
2. Identify the characteristics of that person
3. Pick a word


Recently, I came across an article entitled, "8 Things That Reveal a Woman's Character." Have you seen it?

I'll let you check it out for yourself. But there were a 2 of those 8 "things" that really stuck out to me. Like... hit me in the face and I couldn't stop thinking about them. Here they are, in my own words.

#6. Am I ruled by truth or emotion? The article discusses the balance between feelings and truth. I want to ultimately let "the truth of Christ control, define, and settle" me. How awesome is that idea??

AND

#7. Fear of God vs. fear of man. The article explains how fear of man (or desire for approval, in my case) can be debilitating. However, fear of the Lord is the path to freedom. I don't want to be cowering in the corner when life is hard or I don't get the approval I desire. 


SO... out of those ideas... I'll be coming up with a word! Thanks for reading. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment