Monday, November 25, 2013

Series of Goodbyes: Part 3

By the time you read this, Billie and I will be on the road home to Louisiana! 

Saturday and Sunday were a whirlwind.

Saturday started out at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Arkansas game. Then we went over to our friend's, Joe and Gwen's, house to watch the LSU game. (Joe is a fellow Louisianian.) And Gwen makes the most amazing game-day food ever!

Gwen and me
After LSU beat the socks off of Texas A&M, :) we went and met friends at this little restaurant called The German Cafe. 



Gretchen and Tom (far left) were stationed in Germany before. So I relied on their food recommendations since I couldn't pronounce anything on the menu. :) Still not entirely sure what I ate, but it was delicious. 

Sunday, we went to our last service (for a while) at Thunder Mountain Community Church. It was a prayer, praise, and thanksgiving service. Just what I needed! 

Then had lunch with friends at The Lodge and said our last goodbyes! 

Our friend Tran got the famous "Sasquatch" burger, which is a burger in between two grilled cheese sandwiches. Impressive. 

Lunch at the Lodge

Sunday afternoon, as Billie and I were packing our cars, filling up with gas, and getting ready for the trip, this is the picture I took. 


We will miss you Arizona!

"God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true.
He is a shield to all who look to Him for protection.
For who is God except the Lord?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
God is my strong fortress,
and He makes my way perfect."

2 Samuel 22:31-33

No comments:

Post a Comment