Monday, June 3, 2013

Is this a joke?

Most people are intimidated by triathlon because of the swim. Well, I am no exception. I have thought I might drown on several occasions. Especially the day that I swam in the outdoor pool on post. See, the indoor pool was closed for Memorial day weekend and the outdoor pool had JUST been opened. Therefore the pool was a brisk 71 degrees. You read right. 71. My body was numb for the entire swim. And it took me hours after I got home to get warm. 

On a different note, I took my bike to a local bike store today to get the tires aired up and to let them give it a once-over. My triathlon is less than 3 weeks away. (And I locked myself out of the house with a cast iron skillet in the oven as I was loading my bike in to the car. I borrowed a construction worker's cell phone to call Billie and ask him to come home and let me in. Another story.)

When I arrived at the bike store, the first thing they noticed was that my brakes weren't working. Of course, I haven't noticed this because I mostly ride on my stationary trainer OR at the gym. (I feel unsafe riding on the road by myself plus it's extremely windy. Even the trees can't hang. See??)
 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6430e17387&view=att&th=13f0ba10f7d0b11b&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P--MvquUoXoGZ7khuaaC1Pw&sadet=1370289959602&sads=DoSK4cnzSJFJZl-9ViLul2UvYg0&sadssc=1

Back to my bike brakes. Apparently, when I zip-tied my bike computer (little device that tells the pace, distance, time) to the frame, I zip-tied it on top of the brake cable. Triathlon with no brakes. That could have made for an interesting race huh??

Evidently, if I make it out of the triathlon alive, we will be doing good.

Thanks to John Wayne, I've had a motto for this race. You can always trust the guy with the eye patch right? Right.

 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=6430e17387&view=att&th=13f0ba16a269c096&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P--MvquUoXoGZ7khuaaC1Pw&sadet=1370290024287&sads=hLspYJJ3mKb8lXNDPRXrJ5WneKU

 


1 comment:

  1. So glad your life was spared---
    Ride on sister. Ride on.

    ReplyDelete