I used my Devo Red Apple Balsamic for this marinade. Apple and pork and rosemary go SO well together!
Here is the recipe:
2 lb. pork loin roast
salt and pepper
1-2 tsp. dried rosemary (minced, if it is in leaf form)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Devo red apple balsamic vinegar
1 T. honey
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Trim the visible fat from your pork loin. Mix together the final 5 ingredients listed above and marinate the pork in this mixture for several hours.
2. When it's "go time," take the pork out of the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a little oil in the skillet (on high) and brown your pork on all sides
4. Transfer the skillet (if oven safe) to the oven.
5. Baste with the pork loin with your leftover marinade throughout the cooking time.
6. Bake on 350* for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
*I HIGHLY recommend a meat thermometer. Pork is so, so easy to overcook. And who wants dry pork? Not this girl. New standards say that an internal temp. of 145 is sufficient for pork. (The cooking experts used to say 160.) After the internal temp is reached, take the pork out of the oven and let it rest for several minutes before cutting. I have a meat thermometer that has a cord connecting the thermometer and the screen with the reading (that part sits on the counter.) The cord can be shut up in the oven and just stay there while your meat is cooking. I love it!
*served with oven roasted squash and zucchini seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper*