Friday, April 26, 2013

Coconut shrimp and near death

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little. But frying with coconut oil was the most intense cooking experience I think I've had! I had to stand off to the side and get Billie to quickly bring me a long sleeved shirt so I wouldn't get grease burns on my arms. Whew.

BUT- it was worth it.

I got this recipe from www.wellnessmama.com. Click here for the recipe! (Her picture is way prettier!)

We made mango sauce for dipping and ate asparagus, cucumbers, and carrot/sweet potato mash on the side.

TIP: Our batch of 1lb of shrimp only used HALF of the coconut/almond flour mixture. I felt so wasteful throwing it away. But I couldn't salvage it since I dipped egg-covered raw shrimp in it! So I suggest only making half the amount.







Eating coconut shrimp reminded me of mine and Billie's trip to Las Vegas. We ate coconut shrimp at Kahunaville before seeing Mystere Cirque du Soleil!



No comments:

Post a Comment